Who is AHNA …
- A non-profit membership association for nurses and other holistic healthcare professionals, serving more than 4,500 members across the U.S.
- Serves as a bridge between conventional medicine and complementary/alternative healing practices: holistic nurses integrate complementary and alternative modalities (CAM) into clinical practice to treat the whole person, helping individuals access their greatest healing potential.
What they do
- Is the definitive voice for holistic nursing, and promotes the education of nurses, other healthcare professionals, and the public in all aspects of holistic caring and healing
- Efforts have resulted in the recognition of Holistic Nursing as an “official nursing specialty” by the American Nurses Association
- Publishes the Scope and Standards of Holistic Nursing Practice (2013), the Journal of Holistic Nursing and Beginnings magazine
- Offers research grants for holistic nursing research and scholarly inquiry in order to build the knowledge base for holistic healing
- Offers a variety of education opportunities and endorses continuing nursing education programs that align with the mission and propose of AHNA
- Works cooperatively with the American Holistic Nurses’ Certification Corporation (AHNCC), the national credentialing corporation for the specialty of Holistic Nursing
- Host an annual national conference with continuing nursing education and networking opportunities
- Organizes and nurtures more than 135 chapters across the United States that further the AHNA mission
Our Integrative Nurse Coach at Sage Integrative Wellness, Dominique, has been a member of AHNA since 2013 and and has been a board certified holistic nurse for over 5 years. She recently was blessed as the American Holistic Nurses Association Chapter Leader of Scottsdale, Arizona. Dominique is on a mission to share and bring awareness about holistic nursing, holistic lifestyles, and nourishing from within to facilitate positive change towards outcomes. To learn more about Holistic Nursing, Integrative Health and Wellness Nurse Coaching, and Board Certification click here.